We discussed the symptoms of Forward Head Posture (FHP) in our previous blog. When there is increased pressure on the shoulders and neck from forward head posture, it may result in the straining of your neck muscles along with decreased blood circulation, pain and fatigue.
Some of the causes of Forward Head Posture (FHP) include:
- Weakness in the neck muscles
- Injuries, such as neck sprains, strains and whiplash
- Poor or bad sleeping position.
- Carrying heavy backpacks and purses
- Improper ergonomics when texting, reading, watching television and driving
- One sided sports such as golf and bowling.
- Common professions that you will see FHP are massage therapists, hair stylists, nurses and cna’s and computer developers and writers.