Have you taken a look at Chait Chiropractic Center lately? Most people only think about going to a chiropractor when they are in pain. At Chait Chiropractic Center we not only help people get out of pain, but we also work on preventing spinal conditions from developing. Prevention is the key to avoiding many spinal problems. Here are some hints to help you avoid issues with your back and help keep you feeling well.
- Spend a few minutes warming up prior to physical activity.
- Select comfortable footwear. The higher the heel, the greater the threat of back pain.
- Remember to keep your back straight and bend your knees when lifting. You should let your leg muscles do most of the work and hold the object you are lifting close to your body.
- Pushing a large object is preferable – it puts less strain on your lower back than pulling.
- When carrying anything on your shoulders, be sure to switch the weight to the other shoulder occasionally – let your shoulders share the load.
- Avoid sitting or standing in one position for long periods of time. When sitting, keep your knees about an inch higher than your hips to help reduce the strain on your lower and upper back muscles.
Call Chait Chiropractic Center at 941-371-1070 to schedule a complimentary posture analysis and consultation. Dr. Chait will work with you on developing an individual plan for your spinal health!