Autumn is the perfect time for a road trip! There is something exciting about packing up the car and exploring new places. However, sitting for long periods of time in a chair or driving can be can be torture if you suffer from back pain.
Follow these tips to prevent and alleviate back pain so you can enjoy every mile of your journey.
- Take everything out of your back pocket (including thick wallets) to prevent your spine from being thrown out of alignment.
- If you’re in the driver’s seat, sit as close to the steering wheel as you can to relieve stress on your wrists, shoulder, neck and lumbar spine.
Keep your back straight and your knees a bit higher than your hips at a right angle.
- Align your back with the back of the seat, add lumbar car is not equipped.
- Take a break every couple of hours to stretch your back and limbs.
- Make sure that the headrest in the car positioned about 1 inch behind your head in case of collision.
- Toss a few reusable ice packs in a cooler.
Start your trip with a visit to Chait Chiropractic Center. Getting adjusted can help relieve any back pain you are experiencing and prevent discomfort on the road. To schedule an appointment, give us a call today at 941-371-1070!