Text neck is the term used to describe neck pain and damage caused by looking down at your mobile tablet or other wireless device.
How to prevent text neck:
- Hold your phone or device at eye level as much as possible.
- Take frequent breaks from your phone or laptop.
- Set a timer to remind you to walk around every 20 -30 minutes.
- Avoid looking down for an extended period of time.
- Make sure you sit squarely to your work screen.
Signs and symptoms of text neck:
- Chronic headaches
- Soreness in the neck
- Numbness and tingling felt in the upper extremities
- Tightness or stiffness across the shoulders
- Postural changes
- Pain in the neck, back, shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, wrists and elbows.
Do you know what your posture looks like? Call Chait Chiropractic at 941-371-1070 to schedule a complimentary posture analysis!